45 Years at Clintondale

Alany Stallion, Catera Johnson, and Jeremiah Miller

Mrs. Clayton, secretary to the assistant principal, has been a Dragon for 45 years. After she graduated in 1972, she worked in the middle school for 22 years with Mr. Thomas, to later transfer to the High School to work with Ms. Cargill and later Mrs. Sanchez. We decided to interview her and ask her a couple of questions about her time working here.

We asked “What do you like about Clintondale staff and students?” Her response was “All the staff members are so friendly and are like family to me, I’ve worked with most of them since I’ve started at Clintondale. The students here are also so friendly and everyone has a great bond with each other.”

The next question we asked her was, “What has changed about Clintondale over the 45 years you’ve been here? And are these good or bad changes?” Her reply was, “Our school is a school of choice now, so every day I see a new face and new students come from all over. The changes that have happened over the 45 years since I have worked here have all been good changes.”

We also asked her, “Was it weird for you to graduate as a student and then become a staff member the next school year?” Her reply was “Yes, it was kind of weird becoming a staff member right after I graduated only because I was so used to calling all of my old teachers by either Ms., Mrs., or Mr. It was hard to start calling them by their first names; it was also weird working in the high school because most of my friends were still in high school.”

The last question we asked her was, “Do you enjoy working with Ms. Cargill?” Her answer was “Yes I do enjoy working with Ms. Cargill because she is very easy to work with, she has such a good attitude, she’s kind hearted, and has a great relationship with all of the students.”

Mrs.Clayton has been working hard for the past 45 years, she’s been building relationships throughout the years and has made her mark in many people’s lives, and her work has not been unnoticed. We just wanted to thank Mrs. Clayton for everything she has done and all her work she put into this school.