Career Day!

Aliyah Vann, Scherie Cook, and Deshawna Knight

On Tuesday, February 13th, 2018 Mrs. Calhoun’s students were invited to attend Career Day. Four guest speakers came to tell the students all about their jobs, and what kind of training and education are needed for that career.

Lori Cisco from Cisco’s Landscaping talked about their company and what type work they do. Sherry Hill, a Dental Assistant and Hygienist, spoke about her job as a dentist’s assistant and how it is going in and cleaning people’s teeth. Former Detroit Lion Tim Lelito talked about his foundation,  what it was like to play for the NFL, and what you have to expect every day.  For example, he told how you have to be on time for team meetings because if you don’t you have to pay a $15,000 fine. Last, Kelly Klemmer, an organizational promoter, talked about her job, including how she helps keep Tim in order so he won’t fall off track.

Aliyah Vann, Reporter

Hi, my name is Aliyah Vann. I’m a senior. I love coming to school to see my friends every day and get my work done so I can get to my future. I’m just...

Scherie Cook, Reporter

Hi! I am Scherie Cook, a Clintondale student, one of many that works on the school newspaper, yearbook, and website. I’m in 12th grade, and soon to be...

Deshawna Knight, Reporter

My name is Deshawna, I am a senior. I have a job and I played volleyball in 9th and 10th grades. I have a best friend named Carissma and she's real. I'm...